Last ned GnuCash
Download executable bundles of the GnuCash program inclusive documentation or the source files here. Several versions are available for recent and older operating systems.
Stable release (5.1)
A stable release is a version of GnuCash that is well tested and considered appropriate for every day use.
The latest stable release of GnuCash is 5.1. Choose the download for your operating system below.
- GnuCash 5.1 for Microsoft Windows 8/10/11
- GnuCash 5.1 for Apple macOS ≥ 10.13—"High Sierra"
Most linux distributions come bundled with a version of GnuCash, though it's not always the most recent version and it may not have been installed by default. Still it is recommended to use the GnuCash version that comes with your distribution.
At repology.org you can compare which distribution which version ships.
Below are ways to install GnuCash on some of the more popular distributions:
- Fedora: Fedora users can install GnuCash through System->Administration->Add/Remove Software (Gnome) or Applications->System->Software Management (KDE).
- Mandriva: Mandriva users can install GnuCash through the Software Management in the Mandriva Linux Control Center.
- Redhat/Centos: Redhat and CentOS don't have GnuCash in their repositories by default. It can be installed however from the third-party Epel repository. For more details on configuring this additional software repository for your setup, see Epel's wiki page.
- Solus: Solus users can install GnuCash through the Software Center (Office Software -> Financial Software -> gnucash).
- Ubuntu: Ubuntu users can install GnuCash through the Software Center. This will install GnuCash under the Office category in the Applications menu.
An alternative to using your distribution's software manager is to use the Flatpak management system, which bundles all the necessary libraries for you. This can ease the installation of newer versions of GnuCash on older Linux machines. If you have Flatpak installed, you can download any recent version of GnuCash from
If you can't easily install GnuCash in your distribution, or wish to install a different version than it ships with, you can build GnuCash from source code as described in the wiki.
- bzip2 compressed tarball for GnuCash 5.1
Old Stable release (4.14)
This old stable release is the final version of all bugfixes from the previous stable series without being a major upgrade.
The last old stable release of GnuCash (available below) is 4.14.
- GnuCash 4.14 for Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- GnuCash 4.14 for Apple OS X >= 10.13 "High Sierra"
- bzip2 compressed tarball for GnuCash 4.14
Latest versions for historical operating systems
These versions are really old. No support is offered.
- GnuCash 2.6.21 for
- GnuCash 2.2.9 for Microsoft Windows 2000